Counter of Festivals

Ashok Blog for SQL Learners and Beginners and Experts

Thursday 18 April 2013

SSIS 2012 - Package Configurations Tips

I’m going to blog this in case anyone else has run into the same issue.  I recently tried to create SSIS Package Configurations using SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) in a SQL Server 2012 environment in Cloudshare.
As always, I right clicked on the Control Flow designer for my package expecting to see the Package Configurations option on the menu.  The option was not there.
image
So I searched msdn I found the instructions for 2012 tell me to select Package Configurations from the SSIS menu.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141132(v=sql.110).aspx  I did that, but it’s not there either.
image
I haven’t been able to find a solution to getting this option back into my menu, but I did find a workaround.  In my Package Properties window there is an option for Configurations. 
image
When I click on the ellipsis I get the Package Configurations Organizer window I am looking for.
image
Just click on the Enable package configurations checkbox and away you go as normal. 
I will be posting a blog shortly on some best practices for defining and reusing Package Configurations across your solution using a Package Template.

No comments:

Post a Comment